- Read all instructions on your grill prior to use, especially safety, handling, and operation
- Clean the grill thoroughly before and after using. This is to avoid grease build up that can cause flare-ups and/or fire.
- NEVER put lighter fluid directly on flames!
- Keep all grilling activities away from buildings, houses, and garages.
- Store all lighting fluids safe and away from children.
- DO NOT use grills inside houses garages or on wooden porches.
- Have a multipurpose A-B-C fire extinguisher, a garden hose, bucket of water, or sand nearby incase of fire.
- Never leave the grill unattended.
- Keep all children and pets away from the grilling area (at least 5 feet in all directions)
- Use only fluids recommended for charcoal grilling, and dispose of charcoal properly in a metal container dowsed and stired with water. Check cooking area for proper extinguishment as well.
- Use proper grilling utensils for safe handling.
In case of a fire, and you are unable to extinguish the fire immediately, call the fire department!